Mowing down psychological tall grass and tangled weeds; clearing the field and planting new seeds. Thoughts lifted from my angry days, when someone asks my opinion and then denies it. If I tell you my favorite color, who else would have the "right" answer? Challenge it, oppose if you must, but to correct it is to erase my existence. If we all had the same thoughts, there would be no need for democracy. Cogito Ergo Sum.

2010/02/03

I finally figured it out.

Suicide.

Hey, 30,000 people every year in the Greatest Country In The World (TM) come to the conclusion that it's just the thing to do.

So how does the country deal with it?

"YOU! YES YOU! GET HELP!"

Did you see it?

Here - look at it again - see if you see it this time?

"(you) GET HELP! (from somewhere else, not from me)!"

There it is. Whenever I'm in a one-on-one conflict with some person, the answer is always for me to concede that I need "help" (never specifically defined what that actually is) and therefore, if I get "help" from somewhere else, the person I'm having the conflict with one-on-one is off the hook. Presumably, after the "help" does whatever it does that "help" is supposed to do, then I'll be in such a state that they will find me more agreeable.

And there it is - that's what the 30,000 have figured out. If the answer to all conflicts is that I am to be sent away to become more malleable and agreeable to others so that they don't have to change, then all problems are solved.

Just be more agreeable to everyone else,

get the "help" to become more agreeable from someone else,

and when I come back all better (read: more like everyone else - as if the way everyone else treats each other is working SO well) - then life is good.

Some people assail me for being so argumentative and combative. There is an alternative to that as well - I can be quiet.

I can stay quiet.

And they don't like that plan either.

There is no way to make these people happy.

And that may have some bearing on our situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment